8MB broadband.

TonyAA 09:50 06 Apr 06

Just been reading the FAQs about the new service and this one could be really annoying to say the least.

Q. Why does my broadband connection sometimes appear intermittent, usually accompanied by a flashing light on my modem or router?
A. This is most likely to be the broadband service automatically adjusting your line speed in order to maintain the fastest possible stable connection (a process known as 're-synching'). Re-synchs are usually triggered by electrical interference affecting your phone line. The re-synch process requires the broadband signal to be dropped for 20-60 seconds while a new stable speed is identified. If you have a router or hub, your broadband service should then re-connect automatically; while if you have a modem, you will usually see a prompt on your computer screen asking you to re-connect manually.

Strawballs 13:03 06 Apr 06

I'm just glad I'm on cable then

VCR97 20:21 06 Apr 06

This is improved service?

Dipso 22:09 06 Apr 06

click here

Some interesting reading for anyone considering upgrading. Particularly how your existing equipment may need replacing, so extra costs involved.

I was Max DSL'd yesterday so am in the 10 day training period. Just have to wait and see what speed I end up with...

TonyAA 22:55 06 Apr 06

Thats where I saw it.Had to put my name down on a waiting list but should get it by 11th of this month.You get the modem/router free if you order online and you also get Broadband Talk free with the package.

Gaz 25 05:27 07 Apr 06

And then when everybodys upgraded... BT will not have enough backbone bandwidth. hehe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…