830CH/830CF Motherboard & Drivers help

Giggle n' Bits 23:35 24 Oct 04

I have a feeling that the 830CH/830CF Motherboard is Jetway.com

Problem is the drivers. Mainly VGA & Audio. Ok so looking at the downloaded VGA Driver from Jetway for this board it installs driver fine but the Application/utility happens to be SiS is not there, so there is not much in the way of Adapter settings, unlike the options u get for Nvidia or ATI in the Graphics Display properties.

I am running ME, friends computer, and drivers nightmare.

I did how ever try the Sis website and download but on install they wouldn't and told me the location was wrong.

I have owrked out the VGA onboard is Sis 630/730 & Audio is 7018 ?, is there a Chipset driver which needs to go on first.

Just so confused really with drivers for this board.

Strawballs 23:43 24 Oct 04

I have the same board and you are right it is Jetway and you are also correct about the sis graphics drivers.I will look to see if I still have the drivers that I downloaded as I got the board second hand.
I you can get onto the net without graphics drivers try Windows update that should get you up and running .

Strawballs 23:52 24 Oct 04

Sorry can't find drivers must have deleted them, but I downloaded the graphics and chipset drivers from the SIS site and if you wish to upgrade to XP you will have to flash the bios.

Giggle n' Bits 23:52 24 Oct 04

Glad I am not the only one who had the problem.

When you downloaded the onbaord VGA, in Display Propeties & Advanced do you get the sis VGA Utility tools for things like Gama etc, I can get the Driver fine but no utility anywhere that works.

If there is a possiblity of getting the Drivers on a CD for Chipset, Audio, VGA, USB which are needed for the board would be wacky great.

Giggle n' Bits 23:53 24 Oct 04

but interested on what your VGA has to offer as to my last Question please.

Strawballs 00:00 25 Oct 04

Sorry can't help you with the utilities as I am running XP Pro wich seem to detect and install most of that automatically, but as for the VGA I got it running looking like windows 3.1 then went to win update which detected all the other drivers that I needed.

Giggle n' Bits 00:13 25 Oct 04

I will try the Win Update. Win 3.1 not that was an oldie.

Strawballs 00:17 25 Oct 04

Or should I have said looking like safe mode. No problem sorry that I couln't help more.

Giggle n' Bits 01:13 25 Oct 04

I seem to have found a usuable driver of another Sis board which includes utility.

Then the audio was a pain, distorted like mad then got that sorted also.

Thanks for the calls Strawballs, you know your SiS chipsets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…