80040154 - error message

jacquibrown 14:57 05 Apr 07

can anyone help an absolute beginer. this error message is really messing up the computer. I have error on page on lots of internet sites and really need help please.

skidzy 15:01 05 Apr 07

Possibly damaged or missing codecs click here i take it your os is xp sp2.

Technotiger 15:02 05 Apr 07

Hi, run Fix Errors ... from click here

Technotiger 19:40 05 Apr 07

"Asking me licence."

jacquibrown ... I don't know what licence it is asking for, I am assuming you mean after clicking on 'Fix Errors'. I have not used the program myself as I have never needed to, so did not know about 'licence'.

Perhaps you could give a bit more detail - here within this thread please - so that I, or others, may be able to help further.

Your obviously a Newbie, so welcome to the Forum. Not scolding you, but - the Yellow Envelope should only be used 'By Invitation' of the member whose Envelope it is. I hope you can become a regular user of the Forum, you will learn quite a lot, not just from your own problems but from everybody else's problems and answers too.

To this end I would advise you to download the PDF Forum Rules, they can be found at the Top Right of the Helproom main page.

Anyway, as I said - can you give us a bit more info of what happened when you tried my Link.

Sorry this is so long-winded.

mocha 10:22 06 Apr 07

Have you any Anti-Virus running on your computer, also a Firewall and Antispyware. Your problem could be spyware or virus. Also what is your OS Windows XP, 2000, ME. please let us know.

jacquibrown 16:02 06 Apr 07

only antivirus is microsoft standard stuff and adware

tullie 16:07 06 Apr 07

Suggest you download Avast or Avg,Microsoft standard stuff is only a firewall isent it?

jacquibrown 16:11 06 Apr 07

when it finishes scan in.. and it found about 500 problems!! it asks for all personal details and then links you to a page where you have purchase options.. not free? not sure if its deleted anything cos when i ran it again it came up with the same errors. Thanks for your input.. can you help any further

Technotiger 16:16 06 Apr 07

OK understood - I wish Free meant Free, bloomin' Firms ... have a look through this lot, if at first you don't succeed try a different one, I am sure you will find a Free one that works .. Good luck.

click here

Technotiger 16:20 06 Apr 07

Or - try CCleaner, this is free I use it myself ..

click here

click on Run Cleaner, in bottom right corner.

VoG II 16:22 06 Apr 07

Try these:

Spybot click here
Superantispyware click here
AVG Antispyware click here
A-squared click here

all free.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…