£800 Budget - Where's the Best Buy Bundle

Border View 14:10 08 Dec 03

My neice has a budget of £800 for a new computer. She isn't (and doesn't expect) an all singing and dancing outfit. She is looking to:

(a) Word Process
(b) Games
(c) Develop her understanding of computers
(d) Surf the net a little bit.

She doesn't want broadband. She is prepared to buy on-line.

Can anyone please suggest where she should be looking. There isn't an Aldi's near her. Nice if the bundle came with speakers, monitor, and a printer.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Trackrat 14:25 08 Dec 03

Have a look at this site click here

Djohn 14:33 08 Dec 03

click here This is my local supplier/builder in Norwich. They have some excellent systems, click on products then systems, or choose one your self from the many options.

They build to a high standard and have good after sales support. j.

Gaz 25 15:47 08 Dec 03

2600+ Processor,

MSI motherboard,

USB 2, and 5.1 snd.

Kingston 512Mb DDR memory (333),

60Gb 7200RPM ATA133 HDD,

128Mb DDR GeForce FX5200 graphics card 8x AGP,

DVD Drive for movie playback,

52X CD-RW with Burnpoof and bufferunderrun

protection,

Floppy drive,

56K Modem V.92 hardware,

RJ45 network port (Broadband ready),

Windows XP home ed. with CD installed,

17" CRT high colour monitor,

Epson C44UX Printer,

£636.32 click here

Djohn 15:50 08 Dec 03

The offer from Gaz 25 seems very good, and one of our own forum members too!

shifty 16:48 08 Dec 03

Have a look at click here a good selection of systems that can you can increase or decrease your desired specification. Superb quality ( I have two systems ) delivered with-in ten days of order.

canard 17:07 08 Dec 03

click here These people will build you whatever PC you want or supply you with a stalwart standard model. If your niece is uncertain about what she needs they will be endlessly patient sorting out her needs. They give excellent help [just phone at local rates and they'll tell you what to do]and what's more she'll have lots of money left in the bank. We have a third PC on order with them and we would certainly not be so anxious to deal with them if we had any grumbles.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:33 08 Dec 03

Hey Gaz, you pimping your site again....is an anti-virus included ;-)))))))

G

ps good prices though and he does have a presence on this forum in case of problems. :-))

Pesala 19:33 08 Dec 03

Quest II A2400+ click here

£579 including VAT. Click on the configure button,and see what extras you can get within your budget. Perhaps a 19" Mitsubishi monitor instead of the Philips 17" for an extra £93 + VAT.

The Christmas cracker bundle looks like excellent value. Epson CX3200 all-in-one printer, Trust 3 Megapixel Digital camera, Corel Draw Essentials (a powerful graphics suite), Travel Route Europe, Norton Anti-virus, and Star Office for £169 + VAT.

Gaz 25 19:52 08 Dec 03

Yes, I will include Antivirus FREE of charge to all people that use PC advisor.

I can provide...

Panda Antivirus, platinum or titanium,

or Norton Internet security 2004.

Gaz 25 19:55 08 Dec 03

PS, forgot to mention...

All Solution Computers are fully customisable, but I think for the money thats your best bet.

It is powerful, has excellent graphics for all your games, has high quality parts, DDR memory, etc.

But its up to you in the end, there are so many deals. :-)

Regards,
Gareth

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…