768mb installed only showing 704mb why?please help

jacktom 10:45 10 May 08

hi
I have 2 sticks of ram installed 1x 256mb 1x 512mb total 768mb
total ram shows correct in bios but on post test and my computer-properties only 704mb are shown.
os is xp and I do not think I have a graphics card installed is it possiblre the missing ram is being usedby onboard graphics?or do I have a problem somewhere?
Thanks in advance for any help on this
katy

Stuartli 10:53 10 May 08

Would appear that 64MB is being used for onboard graphics.

ambra4 11:56 10 May 08

64MB is being used by the onboard graphics card access the bios and you can change the

amount being used from 64 to 16/32/64MB personal I always set it to 32MB

Stuartli 14:06 10 May 08

It's unlikely that you will need to alter the amount of memory being used by the onboard graphics.

If you open the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and check the Performances tab readings when your system is under heavy use, check the RAM in use.

Even with a TV card working at present and various web pages open, only just over 400MB of my 1024MB of RAM are in use.

jacktom 17:45 10 May 08

thank you all for your help thought there was an error somewhere on my system as boot up and opening programmes takes ages but now can rule out memory prob....768mb installed only showing 704mb....as you advise missing memory probably is used by onboard graphics card.
checked ok for virus spyware malware and cleaned up my system so may add more memory see if that speeds things up
thanks again much appreciated
katy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5