75 best free software downloads...trojan

MIke 22:19 03 May 10

The PC Advisor website currently has a feature on the 75 best free software downloads.

I was interested in the BETTER PASTE program, however on downloading from the link supplied in the article MS Security Essentials identified that the download contains a Trojan Win32/Bumat!rts

Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommendation: Permit this detected item only if you trust the program or the software publisher.

Microsoft Security Essentials detected programs that may compromise your privacy or damage your computer. You can still access the files that these programs use without removing them (not recommended). To access these files, select the 'Allow' action and click 'Apply actions'. If this option is not available, log on as administrator or ask the local administrator for help.

Items:
containerfile:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{63DD347B-1CD0-4497-9B9E-F2BF62F275B5}-BetterPaste.exe.zip
file:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{63DD347B-1CD0-4497-9B9E-F2BF62F275B5}-BetterPaste.exe.zip->BetterPaste.exe
webfile:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\LocalCopy\{63DD347B-1CD0-4497-9B9E-F2BF62F275B5}-BetterPaste.exe.zip|click here

Beware!!

Devil Fish 22:31 03 May 10

it may be a false positive im sure if you send a message to FE (top right tab contact forum editor) he will have someone look into it for you i very much doubt PCA would knowingley send you to a download link that contains malware

MIke 23:00 03 May 10

I'm sure it's not intentional, but thought it wise to mention

Woolwell 23:32 03 May 10

You are quite right. I've just had a look (playing with fire a bit) and Kaspersky immediately blocked a trojan win32.vilsel.kpe.

Avoid!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…