7 inch mini netbook problem

denis93 07 Mar 13

my niece go this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290392891299?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649,and she says she cannot get internet explorer working on in,and ideas please?

northumbria61 07 Mar 13

Has she got any connection at all to the Internet? If not there should be a button/switch somewhere on the netbook for Wi-Fi - check to see if it is turned ON.

lotvic 07 Mar 13

Is this it ebay.co.uk 7" Mini Netbook Notebook Laptop WIFI Windows CE 2GB HD

Is she having problems with opening Internet Explorer or is the problem Internet Access - not being able to browse the internet. Is she having problem connecting to Router?

I note it has:

Networking/Data Link Protocol: Fast Ethernet, IEEE 802.11b,IEEE 802.11g

Wireless Connection: Wifi

Support WPA(Wifi Protected Access), AES / CCMP & WEP with TKIP securtiy

so her router needs to be able to work in multi mode b, g, and n. Most routers are now n which is the fastest, so might need to go into routers homepage and make sure it is enabled for all three modes.

denis93 07 Mar 13

yes lotvic that is it,connection keeps dropping,router is already set for the three modes

denis93 09 Mar 13

when i said that is it,i didnt mean its fixed,i meant that is it in the link above

Woolwell 09 Mar 13

Try changing the wifi channel.

If I understand your posts correctly the problem isn't internet explorer but the connection keeps dropping.

denis93 09 Mar 13

thank you all,got it working on wireless,but it is incredibly slow,takes about 4 minutes to load a web page even when wired to the router,how can i speed it up please,i have virgin 30mb broadband.

Woolwell 09 Mar 13

I doubt that you can. There is minimal RAM on the machine.

Woolwell 09 Mar 13

A thought - What happens with mobile site eg m.bbc.co.uk/news ?

denis93 09 Mar 13

is that normal on those machines 4 minutes to load a web page,if so why do people buy them,they are only fit for the bin.

Woolwell 09 Mar 13

I don't know if it is "normal". There is no manufacturer's name and I guess that it originated in China.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to set up Apple Music & make sure you don't get charged: Get Apple Music for free

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message