7 in 1 Cardreader.

wacmac 23:23 02 Jan 12

Card reader on Desktop running Win 7 64 bit wont read cards.It says it needs to format first.After format the card has to be reformatted to operate again in camera.Have tried uninstall of drivers,but just the same after Windows re-installs them.Any ideas on what is at fault would be appreciated.

rdave13 23:31 02 Jan 12

This happens to me too and have not found a way around so I simply connect the camera to the PC to transfer the photos/videos.

lotvic 00:50 03 Jan 12

Apparently MSoft have done it on purpose http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981642

"Windows 7 modified Secure Digital Bus Driver (Sdbus.sys). This problem occurs when you use certain SD cards that do not behave according to the SD card specification" and "This behavior is by design"

mole44 04:05 03 Jan 12

I had similar problems with USB devices,the answer for me to use a USB connected directly to the motherboard,probably something to do with the current that is drawn from USB port. Anyway after i connectet my device to the motherboard direct all was well. As an asside i now run my USB devices not connected to the motherboard via a USB mains powered multiport . I also use tape to mark which cable is which as there like all of a jumble at the back of my pc.

spuds 11:27 03 Jan 12

Perhaps not the answer, but worth a thought?.

Is the card reader part of the computer (inbuilt)?. Is it an independent card reader, used via the usb slots?. Are you running the card reader through an hub?.

I ask the above, because I had a similar problem with a card reader (PNY) going through an hub. The fault was later traced to a power supply problem. Changed to a 'powered' hub, and all worked fine.

Perhaps that is similar to connecting direct to the motherboard, as mole44 may have suggested, a power supply problem. With some computers, the motherboard supply might be usb2 and other 'cabled' usb connectors usb1?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5