68 Background Processes!

Matley 17:01 24 Feb 07

Hey all, one my Aspire 5670 laptop I just realized that half my heating issues may be due to 68 background processes running (and thats with no programs loaded aside from Anti-virus software)

Can you tell which ones I can safely permanantly terminate?

a href="click here" target="_blank"> img src="click here" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> /a>

Matley 17:02 24 Feb 07

Click the second "click here" to view my processes list

citadel 17:21 24 Feb 07

it is normal to have this many processes running. there are sites giving details of which you can disable. this is unlikely to be the cause of heat problems.

crosstrainer 17:26 24 Feb 07

I have an Acer aspire and that has 59 running process modules without any overheating... the only ones you have in your list which could be disabled on startup are the acer epower management ones... won't make much diffrence, and that utility monitors your battery, I tend to open it when needed....but I don't think that disabling it will help with an overheat problem...is the fan running?

VoG II 17:28 24 Feb 07

I currently have 77 processes running with a handful of applications open.

Try this click here

tullie 17:29 24 Feb 07

Ive got 31

johnem 17:53 24 Feb 07

Ive got 47 running but only two using any processor commitment. As long as no one process is permanently causing 100% CPU usage, there should not be an overheating problem.

Jimmy14 17:59 24 Feb 07

58 on an acer laptop with no problems.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:36 24 Feb 07

the services that run in the background. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…