65-70Mb internet speed but really slow Browsing.

Aristocatman 21:18 17 Apr 14

My PC is driving me bonkers yes it is 'old' it is an HPxw6400 with twin 5150 Zeon processors 3Mb Ram & a cheap 1 mb graphics card Running Windows 7Pro System is on BT infinity with Home hub3 speed tests return speed between 66-70MB down 16.7 up should be pretty good performance but it is worse than glacial & gets slower. forever see messages 'waiting for.....' also script errors & Firefox is so slow & scrolling freezes for periods. I use Pareto logic PC Health advisor scans daily, Also Super Anti Spyware ditto & BT Net Protect Plus from McAfee. Nothing ever reports any problems so .....!!? I have a Samsung RV510 with a Celeron processor running Win 7 Home premium on the same network via WiFi (Main PC is wired) & this also has slowed & scrolling locks from time to time. We see a lot of the rolling circular buffering indicator as well. All suggestions welcome a magic answer would be great.

wee eddie 21:57 17 Apr 14

Did you not get a new Home Hub when you got Infinity

Aristocatman 22:29 17 Apr 14

Yes Home Hub 3 came with my Infinity 2 pareto logic yes same firm as regcure is it really no good? Bt also pushing Hub 4 or 5 are they inferring hub 3 no good?

lotvic 22:50 17 Apr 14

My advice is to get rid of the paretologic software. click here and click here many users have found it causes more problems than it supposedly 'cures'

wee eddie 22:57 17 Apr 14

Getting rid of AdBlocker certainly speeded things up. I think they gave me a Home Hub 5, when I moved to Infinity.

rdave13 23:18 17 Apr 14

First thing is to restore all setting to default within Pareto logic PC Health advisor's program and then reboot. See if it runs better. If so then uninstall and reboot again.

Run sfc/scannow a few times. If a problem is not resolved the first time it may well do after the fourth time. Bare in mind it will take time.

Run Ccleaner.

Run Disk cleanup.

Once finished run Ccleaner again.

Check speed.

Re-set IE to default,here's how. You will not lose your favourites but all your add-ons will be disabled. If running ok then enable add-ons one at a time to check compatibility. Disable any that cause problems.

Run Firefox in Safe mode, and do similar as for IE.

Use the free version of Spywareblaster. It's a blocker of the latest bad sites. Note you will have to manually update yourself in the free version.

Let us know how you get on.

wee eddie 23:18 17 Apr 14

Getting rid of AdBlocker certainly speeded things up. I think they gave me a Home Hub 5, when I moved to Infinity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…