I seem to be stuck in the
16 colour ? 640 x 480 pixels Display,
I have tried changing the settings,
but to no avail.

Regards
Tablet

check your display adapter in device manager also update the driver

Greenfingers 18:45 01 Nov 03

I think the problem relates to the graphic card on your system not being set up correctly.If you have the driver for the card I would suggest reinstalling it.The settings your are stuck with are those which would apply when running in safe mode when only the basic windows drivers are installed and that is why I think the problem lies with your graphic card driver, ( or the card itself ).

woodchip 19:13 01 Nov 03

You have not said but it sounds like you have ether formatted your hard drive or fitted a new graphics card, and not loaded the Drivers of the Graphics card CD. It would also help if you said what Operating System.

Tablet 20:14 01 Nov 03

The description you gave (running in safe mode)is exactly the way it appears,
you suggest reinstalling the graphics driver, although I have all the flopy disks and CDs I got with the PC, I don't know which one would have the graphics driver on.

The PC Details are:- Dell Computer, Windows 98.

Regards
Tablet

DAG88 20:43 01 Nov 03

just check all of them until you find te right one

woodchip 22:17 01 Nov 03

if you put a CD in the Comp old the shift key down so it does not start to load keep it down until the CD drive light stops flashing, then open Windows explorer and check what is on the CD. if it's a floppy disc these do not auto load so you can go strait to the floppy drive to see what is on the floppy. You will be looking for something like VGA driver, a Windows 9 drivers folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…