6 upgrades that are downgrades

woodchip 13:58 28 Nov 07

Number one comes up trumps for me, click here

Technotiger 14:10 28 Nov 07

Hi woodchip, I have read with interest, but I think you have boobed - surely this should be in the Consumerwatch forum?

Technotiger 14:11 28 Nov 07

Hi woodchip, I have read with interest, but I think you have boobed - surely this should be in the Consumerwatch forum?

Technotiger 14:12 28 Nov 07

Grrrrrr - bloomin' time-outs !!

woodchip 15:13 28 Nov 07

Well If you like, but that manny have been posting about XP or Vista hear in help room

Technotiger 15:22 28 Nov 07

Hi, it is not up to me of course, I was just commenting - just that I would have put it in Consumerwatch.

Cheers

Batch 16:32 28 Nov 07

I might be in the market for a new desktop soon (partly depending upon whether my 6.5yo machine clags out and whether I can resist the latest offers) and am seriously wondering whether I want to bother with Vista. That in itself might influence when I buy, as expect preloaded XP machines will become more and more difficult to come buy and I'd rather not have the hassle of buying an another XP OEM CD and installing everything (but if it comes to it, and I am still anti-Vista, I will).

DieSse 18:16 28 Nov 07

This is actually known as "Hutber's Law" from Patrick Hutber who wrote for the Daily Telegraph many years ago.

Hutbers Law states "Improvement means deterioration"

as in "Our new improved product/service" - which is actually worse than the old one. click here's_law and google for many references

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…