6 Color Canon printers, What refill ink

the griff 12:49 30 Jun 03

Hi Has anyone experience refilling canon 6 colour printers, particulary the high end ones. Mine is a S9000 and I want to use ink that is a very close match to the Canon original ink. Can anyone reccommend a supplier. I have posted a version of this query before. I would like to hear from anyone who has experience with high end canon printers. P.S. If you have one, stay away from Kodak photo paper, i have bad results with Premium Picture Paper (Ultra Glossy)

-pops- 13:10 30 Jun 03

My view is that if you are prepared to buy a "high end" printer then you should use the matching high end inks to go with it. One of the things about paying a high price for a printer is to be able to get a matching high quality end result. You can only guarantee that by using the genuine consumables.

Brian

toxin 14:10 30 Jun 03

I have a BJC8200 and have been using compatibles from click here for some 10mths now, with no problems.

Prices All 5 col tanks and 2 x Black tanks £36.93 inc vat. Delivery free (my last delivery:- ordered @17.30hrs received @0930 next day).

If you want genuine Canon try click here. I've not yet used them.but prices of £6.44 for each of the 6 tanks seems pretty good to me.

I too have had some poor results with Kodak Ultra Glossy, not every sheet, but on odd occasions get a narrow horizontal band across the sheet. I think it must be faulty coating, I'm a retired printer, with a wealth of experience in buying paper, and close inspection shows nothing wrong on the sheet, but you don't know until it's printed whether or not the result will be OK.

Hope this helps.

-pops- 14:13 30 Jun 03

I have used and do sitll use 7dayshop as suggested by toxin. Excellent prices but don't order if you're in a hurry. They are based in the Channel Islands and goods come over on the ferry thus making delivery as their name suggests - 7 days.

Brian

-pops- 14:14 30 Jun 03

sitll?? still!!

Brisixty 17:03 30 Jun 03

Try:
click here
They do ink thats as near as........I use a Canon i320 and the result is perfect every time and I do a lot of photos

Cheers

the griff 18:48 30 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice all who have/will respond. I have used bs-print.com for refill ink, cheap price, the quality was ok but not to Canon Genuine ink standard which is what I'm after. I have started to get the proper carts again but just wondered if there may be an cheaper alternative out there, you never know until you ask! I also found the bs-print black refill ink to give B&W prints a green cast whereas canon black is pure greyscale. The best place for canon ink/paper seems to be XLshop.com, their prices very comparable to other outlets and often cheaper. I may end up trying the Lyson ink, there is another manufacturer but the name escapes me. I found the Kodak paper has visible ink dots (not normaly seen with other papers) I also read another users bad experience with Kodak papers on the web. Again, thanks a lot. The Griff

Gizmo 19:09 30 Jun 03

I have a canon S820 and I used compatible cartridges from here click here without any problems or more to the point without any loss of quality.

the griff 18:44 01 Jul 03

Just keeping it current

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…