590 empty folders

radi8or 16:07 06 Jun 04

Hi all,

Cleaning up my C drive,XP Home, prior to backing it up with D/Image and found, via Reg Repair Pro, I have 590 empty folders in the registry.

Can anyone tell me if they are needed ie waiting to be used or can I get rid of them.

Regards Bob

stalion 16:14 06 Jun 04

I would run a seperate registry check to be on the safe side it could be right if you have not cleaned the registry for a long time. I don't have a link to hand but I am sure someone can post you a free one on here

Graham ® 16:23 06 Jun 04

Regseeker click here

Run Regcompact afterwards click here

radi8or 16:25 06 Jun 04

stalion, hi

have only been running this comp a week finished building it last w/end, taken me all week(evenings only)to get everything back on it, not too clued up on software side of things thats why I asked if they're to be used or even been emptied with all this installing.

Regards Bob

radi8or 16:30 06 Jun 04

Graham ® hi,

I already have Reg Compact, thanks, Reg Seeker is a beta version on your link is it stable, no bugs.

Regards Bob

stalion 16:30 06 Jun 04

do not delete until you are sure

radi8or 16:37 06 Jun 04

stalion,

Sounds like good advice to me :0))

Regards Bob

radi8or 17:02 06 Jun 04

Graham ®,

Got Reg Seeker runs fine, no probs that I could see, on "Find in Registry" typed empty folders came back with zero.

Oh well they're empty so can't take up that much room they can reside, for now.

thanks for input guys

Regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…