56k modem problem no dial tone

great1 07:42 26 Feb 05

installed above modem everythng is ok in device manager modem is set to tone all cables are ok but it wont connect no tone present i am at the hair pulling stage please can anyone help
thanks

harps1h 07:54 26 Feb 05

check your dialling properties to see if it is set to"never dial a connection" if it is uncheck it

Chegs ® 08:32 26 Feb 05

I have two very similar modems installed(ones borrowed from a mate as I have lost the driver cd)I d/l'ed the driver but no matter what I have tried my own modem insists that there is no dial tone.I am going to buy another modem later,as they are very cheap.

great1 09:06 26 Feb 05

harps1h cant un check as it is greyed out
Chegs ® have also tried two modems same result

Stuartli 10:04 26 Feb 05

Have you checked the Wait for Dial Tone box from the Modem's Properties?

great1 10:07 26 Feb 05

Stuartli box is checked

great1 18:58 27 Feb 05

TURNS OUT THE PROBLEM WAS THE CABLE I WAS USING, NOT A MODEM CABLE BUT A TELEPHONE CABLE THE LOCAL PC SHOP, CREATIVE COMPUTING IN GLASGOW ,GAVE ME SOME FREE ADVICE TO CHECK THAT I WAS USING THE CORRECT ONE AND I GOT A RESULT THANKS TO ALL WHO OFFERED THEIR ADVICE

woodchip 19:05 27 Feb 05

It sounds like it's on the wrong Com port. look in devise manager for any yellows. Then go to control panel double click on modem Icon follow the Modem trail and Check Modem Under Modem\ properties\Troubleshoot

great1 19:09 27 Feb 05

THANKS WOODCHIP
PROBLEM HAS BEEN SORTED
G1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…