56K Modem

henza_mapenza 12:52 28 Feb 04

Recently i have been experiencing some ups and downs on my connection speed whilst online.
Sometimes its very slow and choppy and sometimes its fast while downloading and surfing through the different web pages.
How do i get the most out of my 56K internal Modem? Any suggestions?

anon1 12:55 28 Feb 04

The only thing I could suggest is get in touch with your telephone provider and ask them to turn the gain up. You would need to explain that you are on the internet and what you think the problem is but be aware that sadly with broadband the demise of dial up is inevitable. At busy times ( the world is busy at all times) dial will be slow and patchy

Stuartli 13:40 28 Feb 04

Have a read of the pages at click here before worrying too much about your modem's speeds.

There are many hints and tips that will prove valuable, plus links to other sites, including updated drivers.

henza_mapenza 14:16 28 Feb 04

Thanks to Stuartli for providing me with a link about 56K modems. It proved helpful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…