5.25" Front Facing Audio Sockets?

stickyman 21:41 29 Mar 03

Are there any Front Audio Socket panels which would fit in a 5.25" slot, I want to swap the speakers for a headphones with a mike for dictation. I am disabled and can't keep getting the computer out or bend over to change things.

I overcame the same problem with the USB port with a 5.25" slot hub!

Pesala 21:57 29 Mar 03

I am sure one can buy a simple extension lead from the soundcard to your desktop. Then plug and unplug the headphone/speakers from there. Sorry I don't know exactly what you would need to buy, but Maplin Electronics or others would be able to tell you.

sil_ver 22:07 29 Mar 03

I bought a new pair of Labtec 3D surround speakers for £20. The control speaker has forward facing sockets for headphones and microphone, perhaps other speakers may be available with the same connections.

SurgicalSpirit 23:19 29 Mar 03

yes these are available but i cant for the moment remember where i saw them try dabs.com or scancomputers or maybe ebuyer

Belatucadrus 23:48 29 Mar 03

click here for one costly way of doing it, I think sil_vers idea is better.

BT 17:39 30 Mar 03

The Hama Media Hub £6.49 from 7Dayshop.com and has switchable Speaker, Microphone and Headphone sockets and a volume control. It plugs in the soundcard sockets and fits anywhere on your case with sticky Velcro. Very handy!! (Maplins also sell it for £9.99)

Pesala 17:58 30 Mar 03

Perfect. I will get one myself. I'm getting to old for scrambling about on the floor.

Illustration: click here

Details: click here

I hope the links work OK

woodchip 18:08 30 Mar 03

For a true front facing Audio, you need to have a Header on your motherboard or soundcard to connect to. You also need one with the right connecter as there are more than one type.

Pesala 20:06 09 Jun 03

Try a media hub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…