This is with Giointernet @ £18.99 / month
For a direct comparison of a 512 service click here

Result on one the first test only
459.4 kilobits per second
Communications 459.4 kilobits per second
Storage 56.1 kilobytes per second
1MB file download in 18.3 seconds

dagwoood 17:54 24 Jul 04

Son-of-a-gun, have a look on this site. There's also a good speed test on there.

dagwoood.

dagwoood 17:55 24 Jul 04

forgot to paste the link click here

dagwoood.

Djohn 18:02 24 Jul 04

450 to 460 is a good normal connection speed and anything around 55 to 57 kbps for download.

With my previous supplier I was ranging from 380 to 420 on a good day. With my present provider I get a constant 476-480 with downloads at 58.6-59.2kbps. j.

son-of-a-gun 19:20 24 Jul 04

Djohn Who are you with?

dagwoood I do that most times too.

Who are you with and what are your download speeds
Gio is not to bad, BUT they do have a lot of down time, also in some cases to my cost, it's taken 4 + day's for e:mail to arrive from the date of post. I check e:mail several / day.

Djohn 19:36 24 Jul 04

click here Zen. I've been with them for about 9 months now. No problems at all, never needed to phone them for any reason, it just works first time all the time.

They come first month after month in the ADSL guide for Speed/reliability/service. click here Zen is the bottom left, tick the box and any other 5 for a comparison. Do the comparison with as many others as you wish, Zen always comes top, though there are a few more that come close.

Being a small but highly professional company they will have you on line in 3-5 days from your order. [3 days for mine] And even though I use my own name for email address I have not received one single spam in all the time I've been with them. I don't use any form of spam control at my end either.

dagwoood 20:43 24 Jul 04

Son-of-a-gun, I'm with Blueyonder and have a connection rated at 750kb/s.

The speed test at Adslguide gives me a download speed of between 720kb/s to 722kb/s. When downloading files they normaly download at just over 90KB/s.

dagwoood.

son-of-a-gun 20:54 24 Jul 04

Thanks for the information, I understand and appreciate now why now you didn't include this information in your first post.

son-of-a-gun 21:00 24 Jul 04

Djohn

Giointernet are really peeing me off, I did respond to your post hit response lost the ADSL sync yet again and have now just noticed the post was lost
Zen do really look the part from the survey, and I note that Giointernet are not even mentioned, food for thought.

Thanks I wonder if they know I'm talking about them, I shall know when I hit response.

dagwoood 21:03 24 Jul 04

Son-of-a-gun, the good speed I get is mainly due to Blueyonder being a cable service, I don't suffer from contention ratios that will affect ADSL users. It's Blueyonder policy that the speed you pay for is the speed you get. There customer services are good to.

dagwoood.

son-of-a-gun 21:22 24 Jul 04

Mind if I ask what the cost is per month. Just the ADSL if possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…