5.1 Speakers Problem

chris-the-womble 17:18 26 Sep 07

I've just bought myself a new Philips 5.1 SPA2600 surround sound system and all seems to work fine apart from the centre speaker which doesnt seem to be working.
I dont think its broken because it seems to work if i plug it into a different jack in the back of the subwoofer so i think it has something to do with the sound card drivers. I have Realtek HD Audio Manager installed (not the newest version) and just has the option for subwoofer/centre, which I think means subwoofer OR centre, not subwoofer AND centre.
If anyone knows of a fix then that would be really helpful.
Thanks in advance
Chris

Woolwell 18:16 26 Sep 07

My Realtek manager also has output centre/subwoofer. But have you selected on the audio i/o on the Realtek manager 6CH Speaker and tested there?
Also open Control panel select Sounds and Audio Systems and then on Volume at the bottom - Speaker Seetings click on Advanced and make sure that you have 5.1 Surround selected.

chris-the-womble 18:27 26 Sep 07

yer both of these are selected but still im not getting sound from the centre.
Thanks anyway

Technotiger 18:31 26 Sep 07

I have Realtek HD Audio Manager installed (not the newest version) and just has the option for subwoofer/centre ...

Perhaps you should update the Sound Driver then, might make a difference.

chris-the-womble 20:46 26 Sep 07

i've just updated and still makes no difference

Technotiger 20:51 26 Sep 07

Hmm, looks as if you may need to install a PCI Sound Card then - perhaps a creative Soundblaster type. Not expensive and very easy to fit, would give you more options for your speakers. I have the Soundblaster Audigy2, it is excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…