5.1 Individual Speaker Volume control?

toon_mad 10:25 02 Nov 08

Hi, ive just recently managed to setup my 5.1 Speakers. The problem is unless all the speakers are together, if say the rear speakers are actually behind me, i cant hear them. Is there a way to turn up each individual speaker in windows? Im using Vista Ultimate,

Thanks in advance

Technotiger 10:33 02 Nov 08

Hi, the ability to set individual volume controls should be in your Sound-card's Software. I have it in my software, but also have individual actual controls on the front of my woofer.

In my software, the controls are in the Surround Mixer>Advanced section.

toon_mad 12:35 02 Nov 08

I found a creative audio console, but that doesnt have anything there, will keep looking thanks. If i remember i installed drivers only off the disk, not the software. Maybe i should install the software, or if there is a download link?

Cheers technotiger

Technotiger 12:45 02 Nov 08

What is your actual Sound-card? If you can give me full details, I will probably be able to point you to the download for the Software.

toon_mad 12:55 02 Nov 08

creative sound blaster audigy 24-bit if i remember

Technotiger 13:28 02 Nov 08
  Technotiger 13:32 02 Nov 08

First click on Application (in small print, near top) - then click on Creative MediaSource 5 Player/Organiser.

Technotiger 13:42 02 Nov 08

Or, click on Auto Update (again in small print), this should 'see' your sound card and update the software.

Technotiger 13:58 02 Nov 08

Hmm, I should have done this earlier, might have saved you a bit of hassle - my apologies - but I have just had a look at my original sound card CD because I realised, belatedly, that the necessary Software is on that CD - on mine it is called MediaSource Go, yours might be slightly different.

toon_mad 14:57 02 Nov 08

no worries, thanks will find my cd out...

toon_mad 15:10 02 Nov 08

got it, it wasnt on MediaSource on mine but as the main installation, the program is called Audio Center, i can now control the individual speakers.

Thanks for the help technotiger :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…