504 error

purplestar 20:01 29 Apr 06

I apologise if a similar thread has already been posted here but I have been trying to gain entry to a message board that I have posted on for many months now. Suddenly a week ago the forum would not refresh and I recieved the following error: 504 Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred: [code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.
Could not open error file

I have searched the net endlessly for a way to fix this problem and still have had no luck. I have pinged the site and am getting a response and have even done the tracert and that seems to be fine also. I must stress i really have no idea if that is good or not since im practically a novice as regards the techinical stuff. I'm led to believe that its a problem with my ISP since i can see the forum if I'm using an anon proxy service. But the problem is I cannot post on my forum using any of these services and its extremely frustrating not to be able to gain access to the board due to the 504 error constantly coming up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

remind 02:16 30 Apr 06

click here
Sounds like an ISP problem

skidzy 09:54 30 Apr 06

Have you tried using the Firefox browser ?
click here

If this works ok for you ....there are ways to speed it up and a lot easier to configure than IE.

purplestar 11:58 30 Apr 06

I have just tried using Firefox and I get the same 504 error so it really must be a problem with my ISP. Thank you very much to you both for replying to this thread and thanks for your help, its very much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…