502 Bad Gateway

weeve 20:37 03 May 03

When using Internet Explorer I regularly receive this error message with DNS host not found. However, when I access the same sites at work, I can access sites freely. Can anyone help me to solve this frustrating problem please?

spikeychris 21:08 03 May 03

Have you just changed your ISP? or anything similar?. A Gateway is a a host machine that handles communications across network boundaries. Bottlenecks sometimes occur at popular gateways, the server will of received an invalid response from another server it contacted while trying to fulfill your request.

Chris

sunnysingh 21:13 03 May 03

Is DNS enabled on your PC.
Must enable DNS on the TCIP properties etc

Try typing the Ip address of that web address..
To find out - 1 of the ways is...
go into dos
type PING -a(small case)ie:-
ping -a click here
gives.....207.68.171.244
Put this in the address bar ie
click here

This works if u dont want DNS?

hellred 21:42 03 May 03

Go to IE tools options and reset to default values and connections set everything to be assigned ( do not specify DNS ). In advanced set to default.

Clear history and delete cookies and clear objects, that gives you a clean start.

Now try it !!!

weeve 11:35 04 May 03

I was surprised to have such a quick response. Thanks. Problem still unsolved - ISP was changed (thanks spikey chris) and I contacted them. Changes made (similar to those suggested by hellred) - problem unsolved! Suggestion also made it was Norton Firewall. I turned it off - still unsolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…