5 updates for Windows 7 64 Bit tonight

buteman 12 Jul 11
Answered

Only 5 updates for Windows 7 64 Bit tonight for those that update manually.

gengiscant 13 Jul 11

8 + 1 optional for me but thanks.

Anyone know why MSE does not update automatically? like most anti-virus software, or is this yet another strange Microsoft peccadillo.

buteman 13 Jul 11

It always updated automatically for me even though I had windows updates set to manual.

EARLR 13 Jul 11

8 + 2 for me also(32 bit). MSE (when it first came out) updated automaticly but it stoped doing it some time ago. I also wonder why.

buteman 13 Jul 11

Well I suppose I am 1 year behind as I removed it last year while it still updated.

Does it not update even when you have Windows updates set to automatic.

gengiscant 13 Jul 11

No it does not.

buteman 13 Jul 11

Have you changed the time for it to run it is usually set for about 3 Am when everyone is asleep.

Not sure if that is for scans or the updates.

gengiscant 13 Jul 11
Answer

That's for scans.But I have just change the time of the scan to a time when the PC will be on and it also checks for updates pre-scan. So I will wait and see.

Typical Microsoft though, does it not look at other similar products and say to itself now that's a good feature I'll copy that. No, lets go the more convoluted way.All to often Microsoft seem to make things as difficult as possible to use. Skydrive as opposed to Dropbox. 1 simple to use the other rubbish. No need to guess which one is rubbish.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message