5 Updates for Microsoft to-night

birdface 18:10 23 Feb 10

Hi.I have 5 updates from Microsoft to night on W/7 if you download manually.

Pineman100 18:12 23 Feb 10

Thanks buteman. I'll check for those.

birdface 18:22 23 Feb 10

Not sure about this one.

Microsoft browser choice screen update for EAA users of W/7 Kb976002

It came unticked any one tell me what EAA stands for,As I never downloaded it.

Sea Urchin 18:36 23 Feb 10

I think it's related to the new European Commission ruling that Microsoft must allow a choice of browsers as of 1st March.

click here

but I'm not sure :@)

GaT7 18:45 23 Feb 10

You're right Sea Urchin.

I installed all 5 (on XP) without paying much attention. If I'd known what browser one was for, I would've unticked it. Removed from Startup for the time being. G

birdface 18:54 23 Feb 10

Many thanks for that.
It looks like that should be it.
Daft question as I already have I/E8 and Firefox downloaded I should not need to download the update.

GaT7 19:07 23 Feb 10

"Daft question as I already have I/E8 and Firefox downloaded I should not need to download the update."

Yes, that's right. It gives one more than a choice of just IE & FF. There's Chrome, Opera, Avant, etc - there are about a dozen to choose from. But don't bother if you're happy with IE & FF. G

rdave13 19:09 23 Feb 10

Thanks buteman. Hidden the browser options update.

birdface 19:42 23 Feb 10

Ok thanks for that.I was just making sure.I will go back in and make sure it does not show the update again.

GaT7 19:51 23 Feb 10

buteman, if you're curious to see what the Browser update looks like, you can access it at this link click here. G

sunnystaines 20:04 23 Feb 10

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…