5 Updates for Microsoft to-night

birdface 18:10 23 Feb 10

Hi.I have 5 updates from Microsoft to night on W/7 if you download manually.

Pineman100 18:12 23 Feb 10

Thanks buteman. I'll check for those.

birdface 18:22 23 Feb 10

Not sure about this one.

Microsoft browser choice screen update for EAA users of W/7 Kb976002

It came unticked any one tell me what EAA stands for,As I never downloaded it.

Sea Urchin 18:36 23 Feb 10

I think it's related to the new European Commission ruling that Microsoft must allow a choice of browsers as of 1st March.

click here

but I'm not sure :@)

GaT7 18:45 23 Feb 10

You're right Sea Urchin.

I installed all 5 (on XP) without paying much attention. If I'd known what browser one was for, I would've unticked it. Removed from Startup for the time being. G

birdface 18:54 23 Feb 10

Many thanks for that.
It looks like that should be it.
Daft question as I already have I/E8 and Firefox downloaded I should not need to download the update.

GaT7 19:07 23 Feb 10

"Daft question as I already have I/E8 and Firefox downloaded I should not need to download the update."

Yes, that's right. It gives one more than a choice of just IE & FF. There's Chrome, Opera, Avant, etc - there are about a dozen to choose from. But don't bother if you're happy with IE & FF. G

rdave13 19:09 23 Feb 10

Thanks buteman. Hidden the browser options update.

birdface 19:42 23 Feb 10

Ok thanks for that.I was just making sure.I will go back in and make sure it does not show the update again.

GaT7 19:51 23 Feb 10

buteman, if you're curious to see what the Browser update looks like, you can access it at this link click here. G

sunnystaines 20:04 23 Feb 10

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…