5 Partitions

peter4076 17:18 31 Jan 05

I have a spare computer with 5 partitions running WinME on the c drive, my question is I want to make all the partitions into one, and install Win XP, the bios supports bootable CD's so I know I can run the WinXP but will it give me the option to fdisk the complete harddrive, or have I got to download bootdisk.com (I think it is 6 discs)Your input gratefully received.

mattyc_92 17:24 31 Jan 05

You don't need anything other than the xp installation disk....

Insert the disk and restart your system.... Look out for the "press any key to boot from cd" option in the BOIS and press any key....

Now you will see windows xp installation starting to be booted... Now you need to press "Enter->F8" and select the partitions (one at a time only) and press "d->L" and then you will be returned to the list of partitions... keep on doing this for each partition until all the space is "unallicated"... Now just press enter on the unallicated space to start to format it and install windows XP...

****************NOTE: ALL information will be lost on all partitions so backup your files onto a CD-R, DVD-R and/or Floppy Disk****************

peter4076 22:51 31 Jan 05

Much Obliged mattyc_92.....will tick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…