4oD error

Graham. 14:02 29 Apr 07

Channel 4 on Demand click here

When I download and run the program I get this error click here

I can download and play back programs OK, though it is a little flaky going to full screen - the screen goes blank but the sound continues.

Any thoughts?

MAJ 14:10 29 Apr 07

Try registering the file. Go to Start > Run and type in:

RegSvr32 Flash9.ocx

then click OK. You should get a popup saying that it registered OK.

Dipso 14:16 29 Apr 07

I got the exact same error when I downloaded 4oD some time ago. I sent them an emai detailing the error which they acknowledged but clearly did nothing about.

Despite the error the program worked OK for me.

Graham. 14:16 29 Apr 07

The specified module could not be found.

MAJ 14:18 29 Apr 07

You might have to type in:

RegSvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9.ocx

and click OK, rather than just typing in RegSvr32 Flash9.ocx

Graham. 14:21 29 Apr 07

Same message. If I Google for Macromedia Flash 9, others are having a problem with it.

MAJ 14:26 29 Apr 07

Looking in my Flash folder I have Flash9b.ocx rather than Flash9.ocx, Graham., maybe you have the same? It might be a problem with 4oD's download containing the incorrect .ocx file.

MAJ 14:42 29 Apr 07

Okay, Graham. I have just downloaded and installed 4oD and got the same error message. I clicked OK to ignore it and installation completed okay. I then went to my C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder and noticed that Flash9.ocx had been installed there (it wasn't there before). I then registered it as in my post above; go to Start > Run and type in

RegSvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9.ocx

and click OK. It registered fine. If you don't have the Flash9.ocx file in that folder, try downloading and installing again.

Graham. 14:44 29 Apr 07

I've just downloaded the program to the laptop - same error message.

Graham. 14:45 29 Apr 07

OK, I'll try that on the laptop.

MAJ 14:46 29 Apr 07

Did you see my last post, Graham.? Is that file now in your Flash folder?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…