4g sd memory card

higueron 13:32 19 Jan 10

My PC running xp wont recognise my 4g sd card from my camera if I plug the card into the pc sd card slot cards lower than 4g seem to be accepted OK any advice please

OTT_B 13:45 19 Jan 10

4GB SD cards are actually SDHC format. You may need a new card reader for your PC to accept the format.

higueron 13:52 19 Jan 10

Thanks for that I have ordered one from Amazon

woodchip 14:58 19 Jan 10

The reason it cannot see it on your XP computer is that the file system is Fat32 not NTFS. To check, double click My Computer right Click C:\ Properties
You can convert your XP file system to NTFS and would not then need any Extra Hardware

shellship 14:59 19 Jan 10

I had exactly the same problem - except it was an 8g card - and did as OTT_B suggested with great success.

shellship 15:01 19 Jan 10

I was NTFS but still had problem until I got fast card reader.

woodchip 15:09 19 Jan 10

Also If the Card is Left in the Camera, and Camera Plugged into PC it will then see it. all extra hardware needs room and have to be looked for when needed if you are like me I cannot shift for cables and hardware that plugs in, and need finding and sorting as what fits what

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…