4.72gb space to gain using Disk Cleanup??

buel 15:45 21 Nov 09

hi, i have just used Windows' Disk Cleanup tool and i am shocked to find 4.72gb of data i can clear of 'System queued Windows Error Reporting and solution checking'!! Please can anyone tell me what this is and is it ok to delete this?
Thank you.

buel 15:46 21 Nov 09

Ps- is it ok to use the 'Compress this drive to save disk space' tool as i have never used this before?

canarieslover 17:15 21 Nov 09

Delete the System Queued bits but beware of compressing the drive as it sometimes slows the system down as it is decompressing files 'on the fly' as it needs them. Should you have any problems with the drive it then becomes more difficult to recover data.

buel 17:20 21 Nov 09

Thank you for that, i thought i heard that regarding compressing the files before! What were the System Queued files then?

canarieslover 17:31 21 Nov 09

Old error reports and search reports for solutions to those errors. I've never had a problem deleting them.

buel 07:41 22 Nov 09

Thank you for that, that is very interesting! I shall now close this thread! Thank you once again!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…