45 meg mpg via email

beb 20:37 24 Jun 03

im trying to send a 45 meg mpg via msn or email , yes i know its a large file , at the mo it will take aprox 6hrs ....to make things worse the person im sending it to is on bt internet and is subject to the irritating 2hr cut off , is there any way i can speed this up at all , any help much appriciated .

Valvegrid 20:40 24 Jun 03

It's a big file for most servers, if it's data is there any chance of compressing it with winzip or other compression program.

Valvegrid 20:42 24 Jun 03

Sorry just noticed its an mpg, so it already compressed, so I think you stuck with it unless you can split it, there are programs to do that, someone will no doubt tell you.

jazzypop 21:04 24 Jun 03

Search Google for 'File Splitter' or 'mpeg splitter'. You will have to cut it into chunks - BTW, doesn't msn have a 1.5MB storage limit on their inboxes anymore?

Remember also that 56K modems upload at 33Kb/s, not 56Kb/s

Klondyke_Pete 21:29 24 Jun 03

If you have the webspace you could always upload it,then your friend could download the file using a download manager.

why not burn onto cd and post? slower it may be but surely cheaper!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…