40mm 5v fan needed

matt1234 15:29 19 Mar 05

hi

Ok you may find this a wierd question, I race RC kitcars and would like to put a 40mm fan in side that runs on 5v ive tried looking for them on the internet. and the only place i can find them is on the internet in america, and they dont ship to over here.

does anyone know where i can get one of these fans in the uk?

Why 5v? well the car runs on 7.5v and i dont want all the power being hogged, unless you lot can tell me i can run a 12v fine without to much problem

thankz matt

p.s. Please contact me if you need anymore info!!!

ton 16:52 19 Mar 05

It looks as if laptops use 5v fans, so look for laptop spares. Here's an example click here

JonnyTub 17:22 19 Mar 05

Heres a slightly smaller click here which might do you.

You can get two for 4 dollars click here and they deliver outside the us, your responsible for shipping charges though.

JonnyTub 17:23 19 Mar 05

and the reviewer seems to have the same in mind as you.

These fans move a great amount of air for their size and the price is right! I can't find any 5 volt fans even similar for less than $5.00 each! I have gotten them wet and muddy, snowy, and left them stalled for a long time and they just keep coming back for more. They are exposed to extreme heat at times too. I use them to cool a Nitro Engine on an R/C Truck (HPI Savage). You WILL be happy.

€dstowe 19:09 19 Mar 05

Some years ago, my father was involved with the development of electric fan air fresheners. These have now come on to the market. Not sure of the details of the fans in them now but, the prototypes seemed to be more of less what you are looking for. Perhaps a trip to Tesco may be useful for you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…