401 MPV Warning

webber_man 18:47 03 May 05

Hi,

I'm on a broadband connection so leave my laptop on pretty much all the time. When i came home tonight a second Firefox browser window was open with the heading "401 MPV Warning". It then detailed the version of Firefox I use together with some supposed words found within my system.

I can't find any proper info on this on Symantec's site so wondered if this is genuine or just a random dodgy pop-up type thing?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:53 03 May 05
  Cagliere 21:53 10 May 05

Hi there
I got the same thing tonight couldn't switch off my PC so had to do it through the plug socket!

I searched the net for something about it and the only other info I got was that it could be the ISP filtering unacceptable material/surfing and then sending out a warning to the computer user. My details broadband connection etc all appeared on the screen.

Don't know if this helps...

Eastender 23:28 10 May 05

I don't know whether stevedunham ever resolved this one, might be worth emailing him click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…