4 out of 5 speakers

ulrich 22:23 15 Dec 04

I noticed it last week but only tonight have I tried to sort it out. I have SB Audigy(standard)and normally my 5 in 1 spkrs have worked in music and games now for some reason they only work in games and the centre spkr doesn't work when I play music cd. Test speakers they all work great. OS Win XP.

PSF 22:37 15 Dec 04

The games are probably configured to play 5.1 surround sound, but most music cd's are not in 5.1 surround.

JIM 22:39 15 Dec 04

I take it your checked all connections.Have you looked to see if 5.1 surround, is still selected in the control panel?( audio settings)

Djohn 22:47 15 Dec 04

If you have your sound card set up correctly then you should hear music from the left and right speakers only. [Stereo] + the base speaker even if you are using 5.1 - 6.1 - 7.1 speaker systems.

You can play about with the settings to make the Sound of Music [Isn't that a movie?] come from all the speakers but it will still be stereo. Some music tracks are now available on multi channel tracks but its mainly games and DVD movies' that use more than two tracks.

ulrich 17:52 16 Dec 04

Thanks for your answers It must be I didn't notice it before. What next can I find?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…