4 months laptop broke down

nerawan 21:19 25 Nov 09

Hi. nearly 5 months ago I bought a little laptop (acer / 10inches) in Bangkok. Then about 3 weeks ago without warning stop working. It looks is the Hard Drive because there is not any display in the screen and the little light that blinks when H.D. is o.k. is off. I just get the light for the power.

My question is : it could be another problem?

Besides that there is a problem with the serial number. When I bought it I got a message to register it. Automatically the serial number appeared but then it said it was a wrong serial number. This number is the same at the bottom of the laptop. Any idea about this?

I tried to contact Acer by phone but I spent a lot the money just waiting for someone to answer and I didn't get thx.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 25 Nov 09

1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:14 25 Nov 09

1. Turn off the computer,
2. Take the battery out
3. Take out the power supply
4. Push the power button down for 30 seconds.
5. Reconnect power supply
6. Then the battery.

chub_tor 22:25 25 Nov 09

If the serial number cannot be registered it may be that you do not have a genuine Acer product. The Far East will clone just about anything - where do you think all the fake Rolex watches and Gucci bags originate. I wouldn't put it past them to put Acer badges on someone else's design.

User-1229748 22:32 25 Nov 09
  nerawan 22:52 25 Nov 09

Hi Fruit Bat. I had already do that. It's explained in a small book that came with the laptop but it doesn't work.

I bought the laptop in the biggest shopping centre I have ever seen dedicated only to computer and its components. Everything looked legal and the laptop came with a nice bag and other little accessories plus a receipt.

I forgot to say that about 3 months ago I dropped the laptop in the floor but it still continued working for another 2 months.

chub_tor 08:54 26 Nov 09

Can you claim on your household accidental damage policy for a replacement? If so get a 2.5"hard drive USB caddy, take the hard drive out and copy the data on your broken Acer to another machine so that you can transfer it when you get your replacement.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…