4 Gb limit on copying.....

Diemmess 10:03 15 Feb 07

...When using FAT 32 I cannot make a drive image (copy) if the source is >4Gb.

If I run the OS from a NTFS formatted drive ... but SAVE the resulting image to a FAT32 drive, will that accept the larger image, or must the target drive be NTFS as well?

Diodorus Siculus 10:05 15 Feb 07

As I understand it, FAT32 has a limit of 4gb for any one file so that will be the biggest possible.

Diodorus Siculus 10:06 15 Feb 07

Sorry, to answer your query, the target drive will have to be NTFS if it is to accommodate an image file of greater than 4GB.

Diemmess 10:46 15 Feb 07

Thank you.
I had accepted the need to start with a valid NTFS system.
I am in the process of duplicating the day to day computer to run NTFS by making a duplicate HD which can be swopped with old faithful, using a drawer-tray arrangement.

Far from wanting extra security, I want to keep most data available to FAT32 systems.
I suppose smaller files can be saved to other HDs (secondary or external) as in the past, but I will have to make a NTFS formatted partition for keeping any monster images?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…