4 computers freezing on start up

chriscross72 10:01 12 Jul 10

Hi there
My desktop pc, my laptop , my partners laptop and my mother in laws laptop have all started freezing just after start up.
We've not installed any new software on any of them.
They are in separate locations.
the only thing in common is they've all had windows updates over the last week or so.
Is anyone aware of problems with windows updates over the last couple of weeks and what i can do to resolve the freezing issue.
The only way we can get the computers to work is by a manual power button shut down and re boot.
Thanks for any advice. : )

Press Man 11:05 12 Jul 10

Try a system restore to before the time you had issues.

Chris_Byers 15:44 13 Jul 10

Windows updates can, and sometime do cause problems, albeit rarely. What you can do us to use system restore on all of the affected computers to roll them back to an earlier time. Simply press F8 on boot and select ‘Safe mode’ from the startup menu. Once Windows boots in safe mode go to Start – Programs – Accessories - System tools – System Restore then follow the step-by-step instructions to roll back to a time before the updates were installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…