3TB Hard drive & Asus M5A78L-M Not recognised?

Autoschediastic 22:00 03 Sep 14

Evening Guys can i ask your your please? i have just bought a 3tb Seagate hdd (ST300DM001)and installed w7 on a small 80 gig primary drive meaning the Big drive was used for storage only and i have tried everything to get it recognised by my mobo ( Asus M5A78L-M )but ive got no where? ive used Seagate "seatools" and its not finding it? ive got the mobo in IDE conf i had it in RAID but it didnt find it as well? one thing the pc did when i 1st installed 7 tonight was find the drive and install an drive tonight for it and i cant find it? ive heard any drive beyond 2.25tb is a nightmare with old boards but mine is quite new (USB3) it doesnt have EUFI iface but its still compatible with drives bigger than the 2.25tb cut off "So where is it"?? please help i would be offering a pack of beer to the winner lol

cheers

BRYNIT 23:57 03 Sep 14

After a search of the web unless your Mother board uses UEFI it will not be able to boot from a 3 TB hard drive. Read the second answer on CLICK HERE and info on UEFI CLICK HERE

Autoschediastic 09:57 04 Sep 14

Hi BRYNIT, thanks for your reply i have also read up about some users who have been able to use the Hdd on a Non EUFI mobo? im lost looks like a new mobo is in order lol thanks

Autoschediastic 14:00 04 Sep 14

Just found a solution (Thank god) this cable works a SATA to USB so your plugging in the SATA cable into a usb and it works ;-)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac