3rd Party browers/Add-ons

compumac 22:00 12 Apr 08

I had posted a thread that I have now closed as the title did not describe as to where I am now with my problem. I have XP with SP2 and BTYahoo.

I have been having problems with Internet Pages freezing intermittently and specifically the BTYahoo Home Page when trying to access my e-mails. Since I have, under Internet Options/Advanced unchecked the “Enable third part browser extensions” - I have been having absolutely no freezing whatsoever.
Now when I look at Internet Options/Programmes/Manage Add-ons, -under “Add-ons currently loaded” are shown some sixteen items enabled. With this setup I am having no freezing and whilst on the Internet everything is accessed far quicker. This would suggest that one of the add-ons currently not loaded has been causing the problem.
Do I therefore understand that the browsers/add-ons that are displayed are not third party and that is why they are shown? How does one know as to which are third party add-ons? Are am I up a gum tree with my understanding?

DieSse 22:35 12 Apr 08

"Do I therefore understand that the browsers/add-ons that are displayed are not third party"

If you tell us what they are it might help.

compumac 22:41 12 Apr 08

Not at my own PC at this time, but surely if "Enable third party browsers" is not checked then I would have thought that they cannot be third party. I will check as to what they are when I get home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…