3rd generation Intel Core i3-3110M vs AMD E1-1200

cdy 31 Dec 12

Hello all, can anybody please advise if there is likely to be a significant difference in performance between these two processors?

Many thanks!

Chronos the 2nd 01 Jan 13

Yes there's a big difference. That AMD processor is really old. If you have it in a computer, it would be quite slow. The i3 third generation is equivalent to an i5 processor so a pretty decent chip.

Taff™ 01 Jan 13

I agree. (The third generation i3 might be equivalent to a first generation i5 but no basis of fact from me ;0)

There are a lot of "so called" bargains out there at the moment but in truth there are a lot of old processors thrown in and laptops that are at least a year old but with Win8 on board.

rickf 02 Jan 13

Can't understand why you would want to compare these two. NO where near a like for like comparision.

finerty 12 Jan 13

so what would be a like for like comparison

chub_tor 12 Jan 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message