3pc's 2 laptops 1 x-box and BTbroadband

jay123 23:09 13 Dec 03

Just got home from work and dad has announce that he's ordered bt broadband. We have 2 soon to be 3 desktop pc's. 2 lap tops and my x-box.
Is it possible to set up a wireless network that allows the first thing to be switched on to connect and then any other pc/x-box to share that connection? Or do i have to set one pc up to connect and just use internet connection sharing?
Bit dense when it comes to bb and networking. only found out we can now get bb in the village yesterday!
Any suggestions for wireless networking equipment would also be appreciated.

InZaNE_mOdS 00:34 14 Dec 03

Best way i see is getting a 6 port router. and setting up a network using that. each pc will connect at startup including xbox etc. But the Broadband modem must be ethernet for this to work, if it isnt theni suggest you buy a seperate one.

InZaNE_mOdS 00:35 14 Dec 03

oh i forgot you will need wireless network adapter cards for each of your pcs and access points too. You are looking at quite a high price if you can afford it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…