3GP File probs??

ozzymodo 22:51 25 Feb 08

Hi there,
A small problem (at least I hope its small) when I was doing a pc clean up as in deleting unused files I found that whenever I tried to delete a video file (or 3GP as some are named) my PC doesn't respond and I have to press ctrl/alt/del to exit. It then resets all the desktop and I find that my Virus checker (PC Guard as we are on Virgin) is not in my start up box so I do a restart and get a msg saying DLL Server is not responding, close now or wait? so I close now and it all restarts ok.
The only thing I have installed that I think caused the prob was Media player 11, I was running 9 and was ok with it.
I am running Windows XP and I have done a virus scan and spyware and all clear (os so it says) Any help appreciated.
Ian
Ps Just been told by my son he transferred some of his files to my pc to burn onto a cd for a m8 (car vids n pics of kit cars) he used a removable memory stick and deleted them after burning and was virus free as far as he knows

brundle 23:54 25 Feb 08

Try Unlocker. click here
And ditch PCGuard, it's not all that effective.
Avast click here and SpywareTerminator or SuperAntiSpyware click here are a much better combination;
I have no vested interest, I'm a Virgin broadband customer myself.

ozzymodo 22:26 26 Feb 08

Thanks for the suggestions brundle, I have downloaded and installed unblocker, but when I right click the 3GP file or My Videos folder it still locks up, it doesn't bring up any box to select anything.
Also I made an error above in my 1st message as in the program is actually DDE Server not responding not DDL as I 1st thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…