3d mark 03

iqs 14:17 17 Apr 04

hi,i have just tested my pc with 3d mark 03.the score was 472.i have tried to register with them for feeback,but to date no joy.can anybody comment on this figure.
winxp
ati radeon 9100 igp(intergrated)
64 mb
p4
dx9
cheers
iqs

inneedofhelp 14:46 17 Apr 04

That score seems a wee bit low. I have quite a powerfull pc and the highest i got was 1112, however I am going to buy a new radeon 9800xt so that should send it up to 3-4000.
The best way to improve it is
a/ close every program u can think of before running it eg virus checker, word find fast, the lot
b/go your graphics card homepage and download 2 things, the newest drivers plus a tweaker, this will allow you to adjust ure card setting .
c/ if u know how to, overclock ure processor
d/you can download a program which 'formats' ure ram. Run this prior to runnunig the test.
If u do all this, i bet ure score will get to at least 500

inneedofhelp 14:47 17 Apr 04

That score seems a wee bit low. I have quite a powerfull pc and the highest i got was 1112, however I am going to buy a new radeon 9800xt so that should send it up to 3-4000.
The best way to improve it is
a/ close every program u can think of before running it eg virus checker, word find fast, the lot
b/go your graphics card homepage and download 2 things, the newest drivers plus a tweaker, this will allow you to adjust ure card setting .
c/ if u know how to, overclock ure processor
d/you can download a program which 'formats' ure ram. Run this prior to runnunig the test.
If u do all this, i bet ure score will get to at least 500

Totally-braindead 14:55 17 Apr 04

Don't recommend overclocking as unless you know exactly what you're doing you could destroy something. People keep going on about PCMARK and their score is xxxx , so what, I too look at the 3DMARK benchmarks but I see no point in spending hard earned cash buying something to upgrade my score on 3DMARK just for the sake of it. In short if your PC runs what you want it to run without the graphics card glitching or doing weird things leave it alone. Especially since the longer you can wait the cheaper the upgrade will become.

The score is low is because the graphics card wont run the test's properly.

3D Mark 03 is designed for DirectX 9 Test's and Card's. Try the old Version 2001 SE (Designed for DX 8 cards) and you will see an improverment as your card will be designed better for it.

hugh-265156 16:27 17 Apr 04

as above if you are happy with how your games play then thats all that is important.not 3dmark scores.

i get about 1000 ish on 3dmark03 and 6000 ish on 3dmark02se with a radeon 9000.

quite poor scores but my games all play perfectly well enough if i lower the display details a tad in the latest games.

the 9100 should cope fine with most new games providing you dont go mad with the display settings and AA etc.

hugh-265156 16:28 17 Apr 04

6000 ish on 3dmark01se even

bloo meeny 20:53 17 Apr 04

I'm off to close all background stuff and run 3Dmark 2001 SE and 3D mark 03.

I know they'll be low but I don't care !

Back Soon !

iqs 20:53 17 Apr 04

hello and thanks for your comments.i will download an early version and see if the score improves.hopefully it will.once again thanks .best regrads iqs

bloo meeny 21:36 17 Apr 04

Right - finished !!

Erm - not quite a slow as I expected !!

I won't post the exact scores otherwise it becomes a "mine's faster than yours" thread.

Around 3000+ for 01SE and a little under half that for 03.

Good Luck 'iqs'

rickimalone 21:41 17 Apr 04

I have 5149 wow, im quite happy with that.....
AMD64 3000+...1GB PC3200RAM.....ASUSK8V......FX 5900XT....

All built add sent to me buy my new friends at Mesh............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…