3D Graphics excellerater????

mickee 21:25 02 Feb 03

When my son tries to play games on his computer he gets message can't detect 3D graphics excellerater. i assume his GRAPHICS card is not compatable. Can any one suggest a reasonably priced graphics card compatible with windows xp for playing games

jediknight007 23:08 02 Feb 03

Do you mean a 3D graphics accelerator? And you are quite correct, it is to do with his graphics card. Maybe you could try updating the drivers for your graphics card since your games don't seem to recognise it. Also, make sure you have installed at least DirectX 8.1.

If you want a reasonably priced graphics card, then a GeForce 4 MX440 with 64MB DDR RAM should do, it's about £40 on click here Others might think it's not worth getting the GeForce 4 since it's basically crap according to them but I think it still packs a punch and is excellent for people who are on a budget.

Btw, is it possible for you to give us your PC specifications?

grove34 23:33 02 Feb 03

make sure you know if your board can use agp cos not all boards with onboard graphics can

jediknight007 12:43 03 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…