3D game problem

TJ Macintosh 22:48 18 Nov 03

Hi everyone,

Whenevr i try to play 3d games like Max Payne 2, Halo, and Fifa 2004, the games just randomly cut bak tot he desktop, wihtout freezing, as if tiw as a natural part of the game, can anyone resolve this issue?

Also system spec - 2500 Barton - at 2.22GhZ, Nvidia GeForce2MX400 32Mb, MIS - KT3-L, mainboard, 512ddrSDRAM windows XP

©®@$? 22:53 18 Nov 03

try running the games at the same resolution

set the games to the same resolution as windows

game settings/display

and display settings in control panel you should find them

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 23:21 18 Nov 03

Try updateing to DirectX9 if you havent already got it,think halo needs DX9 so u may have it and a 32 meg card is a bit low on ram to run games but should still work just might be a tad slow.

Regards.

hugh-265156 23:32 18 Nov 03

latest drivers click here

direct x click here

Terrahawk 23:37 18 Nov 03

do you have any programs such as updaters or firewall running in the back ground i had this happening with macafee and zone alarm cutting in

TJ Macintosh 23:39 18 Nov 03

NO, i have installe sall the Nvidia 52.16 drvers and have Direct X9.0B, so they are the problem, u rekon mayb i should change my graphics card?

TJ Macintosh 10:08 19 Nov 03

ANTY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

TJ Macintosh 10:13 19 Nov 03

refresh help

Tog 11:51 19 Nov 03

Check you BIOS and disable any video caching or shadowing options

vinnyT 11:59 19 Nov 03

I sometimes have this prob. if I forget to press the f-lock key before starting the game (MoH.aa) and press F5 to quicksave during play, the game gets minimised and my computer window comes up.

Maybe you have a shortcut on your kboard, say to sart your email prog. with ctrl-e and you are hitting these keys during play.

Course, this may have nothing todo with your prob.

duplo 12:50 19 Nov 03

If you are running windows at a high res and then trying to run the game at the same res, you may find your graphics card cant cope, so try to lower the res of the game. I know this is opposite to what the above said, but its worth a shot since your card is low on Ram and high resolutions eat up ram.

A new card would be a good idea if you intend to play many games. You dont need to go overboard though, unless your a ardent gamer in search of the fasted most advanced card to get the fasted best looking games ever.

Leadtek Winfast A340-T128 FX5200 128mb DDR (Not DVI so you cant connect digital TFT's to it. But if not a problem its £52 inc VAT
click here

A bit more grunt, well, quite alot of grunt actually:
Gainward Fx 5600 Powerpack Ultra 780 256MB 8xAGP Video-Out DVI
A fast card, not the faster, but at £110 inc VAT its about £200 less than the fastes and its 3/4 as fast!! Bargin!
click here

A very fast card, lots of ram and will run anything for a few years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…