//some 3rd party need geo

3com wireless card problems

chris6891 19:06 16 Nov 04

hi guys, i have an intel centrino computer, and as such it has a built in wireless card. This is all well and good but its a slower card and i do prefer the speeds 54g brings. Hence the reason i bought a 3com wireless card. Having said this, i bought a wireless router and it came *free*. Right, I could have the pcmcia wireless card running fine on my comp, then i decided to reformat it. Completely reinstalled windows etc...all perfect. Lost the drivers cd for the 3com wireless card. So used onboard wireless to connect to the internet and download drivers from the freecom site. I start the installation program and everything goes fine, until it comes to starting the card. E.g. at the end of installation it tells me that the device could not be started. This is a little frustrating that i have to resort back to slower wireless card, so do you know what could be causing these problems? Hardware//software conflicts?
Thanks in advance - Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…