3Com Wireless 54Mbps ADSL Modem Router Firewall

suburban train 01:31 09 Feb 06

HI All

I dont know if this is brave or stupid but Ive just purchased 3Com Wireless 54Mbps ADSL Modem Router Firewall with FREE Wireless 54Mbps USB Adaptor which can be found at :

click here

Has anyone had problems trying to setup a wireless network with this product?

Skills 10:09 09 Feb 06

Ive not used that router but are you having problems setting it up?

To configure it the first time you should connect to the router using an ethernet cable via the network port on your computer.

Log in to your routers setup page and configure your ISP details and wireless settings once that is done you can remove the wires and connect wire free.

Post back with your specfic problems that your having and someone will be able to help you out.

suburban train 14:16 09 Feb 06

Im not having problems just yet ive placed the order so have to wait and see how things go!

I will let you know whether I am successful or not.

ade.h 14:55 09 Feb 06

Two points to bear in mind:

Wifi networks are at their happiest when set up right first time. Sorting out problems can be tricky, judging by many of the threads here. Try something that should work, it doesn't work, etc. and you end trying to polish a poo, as the saying goes.

Second slight potential caveat is the USB adapter. People seem to have more trouble with these than they do with either built-in wireless, PCI wifi cards or PCMCIA slot cards. Based on what I read - and what I have had to sort for friends, etc. - I see the USB jobbies as a last resort when you haven't the capability to fit other types of adapter.

ade.h 15:21 09 Feb 06

The Misco site isn't very forthcoming with product numbers - apart from its own stock number. Do you happen to know what model it is?

suburban train 18:24 09 Feb 06

if you click the link it should take u there

ade.h 18:27 09 Feb 06

I've had a good look through all the info on the Misco product page and I can't see a 3Com model number anywhere.

I was looking at this click here= earlier and that doesn't make model numbers too obvious either.

I want to compile some info that is relevant to the popular models in the 3Com range.

suburban train 18:56 09 Feb 06

I only made the order last night and selected three day delivery, as soon as it comes and i setup i'll supply the model number and let you know how i got on.

With all this Wi-fi stuff will the signal go upstairs into my room if the router is downstairs behind a chair and my USB connected at the back of the PC

ade.h 19:06 09 Feb 06

Thanks for that kb. Hope it goes smoothly for you!

Yes, the signal will have no problems covering that distance. My router sits downstairs in the study and our laptops can access it all over the house through solid brick internal walls. My office is external from the house, so I have an ethernet link joining the two.

lozparry 21:51 10 Feb 06

probably
3CRWE754G72-A
officeconnect as mine

suburban train 23:42 10 Feb 06

my wireless package arrived today and setup no problems, well i had to ring tiscali to get my password reset.

I cant seem to find a model number there is

id ic 4711a-wn4404

or

ic terminal reg 4711a-ar4505gw

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now