3COM ADSL router refuses to go online

kevvyb 22:16 27 Sep 06

I have had this router for some time now and generally it has worked well. Occasionally it has dropped connection (gone offline) but by restarting it has generally got online.

A friend had the same model and this recently died altogether and I'm wondering if it's time to get a different make.

I have checked ipconfig which is okay.
I have restarted the router
I have reset it
I have 'upgraded' the firmware again (same version)
The router is synced but will not go online.

Recently I have noticed that the router online led has gone off overnight but has usually lit immediatly the browser is opened.

Can anyone suggest anything and if not maybe another model of router that is reliable.

woodchip 22:22 27 Sep 06

3Com as I think ether lifetime or ten year Warranty. I use on with no problems. Have you first tried rebooting the Router. If it does not work press the reset at the back. Also what 3Com version software are you on My modem is

3CRWDR100A-72 Software version 2.06 there probably is a later version but this works for me

kevvyb 22:39 27 Sep 06

Hi Woodchip,

I think your fisrt to questions were actually answered as part of my own question.

Firmware is latest which is what has been running without incident for some time.

woodchip 23:28 27 Sep 06

You may need to change some of the settings. If you want I can post pics of mine to try

woodchip 23:31 27 Sep 06

You may need to change some of the settings. If you want I can post pics of mine to try

Hear are some of my settings

VPI/VCI 0/38

Encapsulation VC MUX

Protocol PPPoA

kevvyb 08:38 28 Sep 06

Thanks. Those are the settings that I have been using ever since I had the router and all the other settings ae similarly the same. I have set this router up a number of times so am satisfied that it's not the settings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…