360 pictures

Woody Ham 11:27 01 Mar 09

I maintain a web and it has been suggested that we consider having a scrolling 360 view of the inside of our church. Does anyone know of how this can be achieved? I use Dreamweaver and Photoshop CS3.

HighTower 12:58 01 Mar 09

With Photoshop you can use the Photomerge option, which I think is in the 'Automate' menu. You can then probably use a Java plugin to give the rotating 360 effect on a webpage.

A very quick google on the subject brought up this one:

click here

but there are probably many more. I searched for 360 pano java plugin.

Woody Ham 13:01 01 Mar 09

MAny thanks. I am familiar with merging so will take it from there.

anchor 15:07 03 Mar 09

I have no idea if Photoshop will make a 360 degree panorama, (I do know it makes partial panoramas).

I have used Pixmaker very successfully to do this; it uses a Java applet.

click here

here is one of mine, (Versailles Palace)

click here

Proclaimer 15:06 02 Sep 09

Pixmaker program?

There is no option on the website to do that and the link from the trial software goes to a broken link

anchor 13:54 05 Sep 09

Proclaimer: I don`t know now; I have had it for years.

However, Google for the free version they used to issue called "Pixamaker lite". There are a number of sites that still have this available.

Create your composite jpg image from the individual shots, and you will also obtain the Java applet needed to make it rotate if you click publish as a web page, (if you wish to have it on the web). Otherwise save as a jpg.

If you are unhappy with the composite image you obtain, you could use the free Microsoft image composite editor, and substitute this for the one created by Pixmaker lite.

Personally, I adapt the code that Pixmaker creates for a better display on the web, as in these two:

click here

this is a 360 degree pano:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…