//some 3rd party need geo

35mm Slide transference

Wally S 17:55 13 Dec 05

I want to transfer many 35mm slides from a box in the attic onto my hard drive then on to disc. Does anyone know of a piece of equipment that I can use with my scanner to have the desired result. Wally

Hamish 18:00 13 Dec 05

click here.

Jessops click here also stock scanners

Hamish 18:03 13 Dec 05

Again should read your post correctly, try click here

GaT7 18:06 13 Dec 05

If you have a standard flatbed scanner, slides can be scanned by using this DIY method click here. Not perfect or even brilliant, but apparently it works.

Alternatively, your scanner's manufacturer may do separate slide holders, or you may be able to get a generic one. G

Diemmess 18:10 13 Dec 05

Time for Father Christmas to help.
The dedicated film scanners recommended by Hamish are not cheap, but if you want the best from old film this is the way to go.

Being a single purpose device they will help set parameters which speed things up and avoid having to take an individual and subjective view of each and every old masterpiece.
Once scanned, you can "improve" them but won't be limited by quality compromised files.

GaT7 18:11 13 Dec 05

As Hamish mentions, another option would be to get a dedicated slide/film or flatbed scanner with slide support.

I'm thinking of getting the Epson 3490, which we recently discussed at click here. It's cheap - I just hope it's not nasty. G

Sirpad 18:12 13 Dec 05

I've been looking around for a scanner myself and wanted one that would also do slides. I came up with the 'Epson Perfection 3490 scanner' which, although only takes 3 slides at a time, is good value for the money and was praised by other forum members.... click here

Sirpad 18:15 13 Dec 05

You just beat me to it Crossbow7......I went ahead and bought it and expect delivery any day now.....will add comments to my post when I've tried it out click here

Hamish 18:22 13 Dec 05

The one I use click here&

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…