35mm slide scanning

steffano 22:07 04 Jan 07

Happy New year to all. I have about 100 35mm colour slides of my military service time in the Far East. I dont want to have to buy a scanner of some description because I will never get another conventional 35mm camera. Does anyone know if there is a UK company(s) who scan at reasonable prices?

fitshase 22:21 04 Jan 07

What about buying a flatbed scanner which has a film/slide scanner capability. This way, once you've finished scanning the slides, you have a fully functional scanner for your computer for scanning documents, photos, etc.

eg:-

click here

click here

fitshase 22:23 04 Jan 07

Forgot to mention, with 100 slides you will be looking at about £1 per slide for a company to scan and put on a CD for you. With one of the flatbed scanners above, you can pay about £50-£60 for the scanner, scan them yourself and still have a scanner left at the end of it (and £50 in your pocket).

bluto1 22:27 04 Jan 07

I`ve e-mailed a friend of mine who might know the answer, but surely most of the general developers, like Truprint would do the job?
My friend did some for me so if you`re not in too much of a hurry he might make the offer, and it won`t cost an arm and a leg.

Stuartli 00:25 05 Jan 07

Another way is to project your slides onto a screen and photograph them with a digital camera.

Should be good enough for most purposes.

jon2 10:53 05 Jan 07

I would be happy to scan your Negs for you, if you wish, I am also a ex Hong Kong soldier

steffano 21:25 05 Jan 07

May I thank everybody who responded - I do appreciate the time and trouble it put you to. I should have mentioned that I have what I consider to be a brilliant flatbed scanner/copier/printer. Under the circumstances I dont really want another scanner and I`m not certain about projecting and taking photo`s - firstly I dont have a projector or screen. I think I would botch it all up anyway. I will come back if I have further problems

Fingees 22:52 05 Jan 07

I use a slide projector, and a piece of white A4 paper in the bottom of a box laid on it's side.

I generally photograph the nice bright image either with my digital cmera, or if a sequence, a cine camera.

It's usually a better result than the Slow, one at a time process of my flatbed scanner.
a dedicated scanner is too expensive at over £100 for the few slides I want to copy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced