35 mm slide projector

tsihar 20:38 22 May 04

I have a mass of 35mm photographic slides which I'd like to convert somehow to digital format for storage/retrieval/viewing on my PC. That way I can scrap/sell the slide projector as I'm now into digital photography. I use XP Home edition. Anybody got any ideas how I can do this?

Thanks.

Charence 20:41 22 May 04

Top range Canon scanners have very good negative scanning technology. click here . I would not recommend the Epson ones because they are not built into the lid of scanner.

Charence

Smiler 20:48 22 May 04

I bought an epson 3200 flatbed scanner (think it's been superceeded by the 4870 click here) which has the ability to scan slides at resolutions upto 3200dpi. I am very satisfied with the results (but I've still got over 4000 slides left to scan). You could buy a dedicated slide scanner ut once you've finished scanning your slides you'll be left with a scanner that is of no further use to you.

Mikè 20:52 22 May 04

A purpose designed scanner designed for 35mm click here&

Smiler 20:54 22 May 04

You are totally wrong as regards epson not being built into the lid. As a comparison between epson & canon look click here and click here and you will see that the epson wins hands down.

Charence 21:00 22 May 04

and it seems quite good as well. There are still attachments to fit into scanner though which I seem to remember the Canon does not need because it is attached to the lid. The Epson has a frame where you slot the film in. The Epson will fit in more negatives at a time which is good.

They don't make 3-in-1s with negative scanning do they?

thms 21:04 22 May 04

I have a Minolta Dimage Scan DualII which is a stand alone 35mm scanner. The results are really good. A lot better than scanned images.

As these retail at around £200+ it could end up an expense toy. I bought mine to load negatives to computer a few years ago, but it now lies idle under my desk. Not used it for ages.

dotterel 21:09 22 May 04

You could try contacting and joining your local camera club. It may well have one which you can borrow once you are a member.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 21:21 22 May 04

You can get the excellent Canoscan 8000 for just over £100 if you do a search. This was an A list scanner at PC Pro, it makes fantastic slide scans 4 at a time. I have one and I am well pleased with it. It does 12 negatives at a time unmounted too.

Legolas 22:03 22 May 04

I used an Epson perfection 1670 with the the negative scanner built into the lid and it gave good results

tsihar 08:20 23 May 04

Thanks all for your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced